Saturday, June 18, 2011

Project 10 - First Post

A Personal Learning Network or PLN is the entire collection of people with whom you engage and exchange information, usually online. I have been to a few websites to learn how to put my own PLN is to place. After viewing A 7th Graders Personal Learning Environment video, I went on to check out the site Symbaloo. I have set up my PLN through this bookmarking site. To be honest, the colored tiles appealed to me. I have an HP TouchSmart computer, so it will be easy for me to just tap the tile of the site that I want to visit. It reminds me of the apps on my iPhone4.
I have added my own tiles that I feel will help me in my quest to become more technoligically literate. My Symbaloo page is now my homepage. I can visit my blog at the click of a mouse. I feel that this will be a great tool in helping me have all of the information I need and resources all in one place. I must admit, it will take some getting used to. I find myself wanting to open more windows so that I can search. The more I use it, the easier it will be for me.
For now, I only have a few sites on my page, but I plan on adding more as I find them. Here is a screenshot of my Symbaloo page.
Deana Nunn's Smybaloo page


As you can see, most of the sites and blogs that I will visit frequently are on the right-hand side of my search box. I don't know why I set it up this way, but it works for me. I will continue to tweak it and hopefully will build a much larger PLN.

No comments:

Post a Comment