Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Final PLN Report

Symbaloo Logo

After exploring Symbaloo, I was able to find that it is a very useful tool and it is something that I have become dependent upon. All I have to do is click on an icon and it takes me to the site I seek immediately. It is very convenient. It basically provides a shortcut to the sites that I want to visit. Being that I want to be an English/Language Arts teacher, I was able to find a few different web mixes that were already put together with sites to visit about these subjects. This will be very helpful to me in the future.

Follow Me Twitter Bird

What has surprised me the most is how Twitter has become the best mode of communication as far as my PLN goes. I have connected with so many people. Every day, I follow more and more people. I have been able to connect with technology gurus, principals and other educators who share the same goals as I do. The thing that I like most about Twitter is the instantaneousness of it. It is all happening live. The use of the #hashtag has proven to be very helpful also, in that you can follow a conversation more easily. I have also found that the only requirement is to be active. If you participate in a conversation or simply retweet (RT), then you will be noticed as a participant and people will follow you.

Google+ button

I must not forget the new addition to my PLN, Google+! Wow! What an adventure it has been so far. I recently wrote about the anticipation of being invited to Google+, and with the connections that I have formed through Twitter, I was finally invited. I am still trying to learn how to use it to its fullest potential, but that is the fun part.

I’m very excited about my PLN, and by participating and researching, it will grow and foster my learning experience.

Here is a screenshot of my current Symbaloo page.

Deana Nunn's Symbaloo page

No comments:

Post a Comment